Verizon 32GB iPhone 5 back light problem?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PacificRimJob, Nov 25, 2012.

1. PacificRimJob macrumors newbie

My iPhone 5 backlight sometimes comes on very dim when I hit my home button. I have to lock it again and then unlock it for it to come on full brightness. It's random and it has happened several times now. I am probably going to take it in the Genius bar but was wondering if anyone else had similar problems with their 5?

2. radioking macrumors regular

3. tvith macrumors member

4. PacificRimJob thread starter macrumors newbie

5. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

i have a verizon 32gb and dont have this issue.

6. Kal~El macrumors member

I had this problem on my 64gb IP5 on sprint but since leaving sprint and getting the same phone but for verizon i have not had the problem.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I dont think the sprint or verizon or at&t version has anything to do with it.
    Its a defect and you should bring it to Apple to have it replaced.

8. ProudLoz macrumors regular

I have this problem on my 64 GB AT&T iPhone 5. It's completely random though, but it doesn't bother me at all. I mean, it doesn't happen enough for me to want to get it replaced yet.

9. PacificRimJob thread starter macrumors newbie

I kinda feel that way too. I'm just afraid I'll go in tomorrow to get a replacement and it's worse off than the one I have.

10. Kal~El, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012

Kal~El macrumors member

I know that it has nothing to do with the carrier but i was leaving sprint anyway so why bother having it replaced.
    Bought the verizon Version and have not had a single problem with it not even the power button rattle the last one had.

11. Afbar1114 macrumors 6502a

I had an issue with auto brightness. But it reads the ambuint light around you. So if its sitting in your pocket a dark place and pull it out it didn't get a chance to read the light yet. I had to do a new restore with out doing an iCloud restore and it works fine. Verizon AT&T sprint mean nothing it's the phone not the carrier

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, glad the new one didnt have that issue.
    Was just saying its not related to carrier version but most likelly just a hardware defect.

13. PacificRimJob thread starter macrumors newbie

This is exactly when it happens, right as I'm trying to bring it out of my pocket.

----------

It seems like it's quite a common problem and I would hate to replace my phone and get another one with an entirely different problem. I think I'll just stick with it.

14. Afbar1114 macrumors 6502a

Its not defective its reading complete darkness when its in your pocket.