Verizon - 4 lines, all iPhones-- should we switch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Legion103, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Legion103 macrumors regular

Currently have the following Verizon plan:

700 minutes
    Unlimited talk & text
    Four iPhones ($30 each = $120)
    --we use about 500 minutes a month

I was looking over the Verizon share plans, that gives you UNL talk and TEXT and 6GB of data...

Two of the iPhone lines use about 1 GB a month...

What do you guys think I should do?

2. Stetrain macrumors 68040

So $120 is your total phone bill right now for four iPhones with data plans?

3. Legion103 thread starter macrumors regular

4. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

the only important statistic (that isn't listed) is how much data all of the phones use combined.

You can get this info on your vzw online account or you can call and they will tell you the average per line (or combined).

That's the only thing you *really* need to look at.

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

So what's stopping you from comparing what you pay per month now to the Share Everything plans from VZW's website?

I'm not sure what exactly it is you're wanting the members of the forum to do, so could you be more specific?

6. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Looks like with the shared plans you would have monthly totals of $230 or $240, depending on whether you went 4GB or 6GB of shared data.

$40 per phone, times 4 phones + $70 shared plan with 4GB or $80 shared plan with 6GB.

If you go to the verizon wireless site and go through the process of buying 4 iPhones as a new customer and choosing a plan it lets you see how much it will be.

Seems like a good deal to me unless you really really want the unlimited data. You're gaining unlimited talk and text and mobile hotspot access, and your bill is going down in total.

7. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Add taxes & surcharges and it'll go up. Looks to me like the price of Share Everything might be a bit cheaper or comparable, but as you said, the uptake is that now there will be unlimited minutes/texts & the tethering when needed.

8. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

GAAAaaahhh!

How are people not factoring in the FACT that if you DON'T go to this plan, you will be buying every new phone that you get at 100% of the price?!?!

How can anyone make a calculation about savings and not consider the $450 subsidation that you get by going to the share everything plan?

... sorry, this little missed line-item in the calculations is driving me nuts ha ha why do I care?

9. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Maybe they don't intend to buy new phones any time soon?

10. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

yeah, but eventually they will need to... These things don't last forever... and at that time, it will be a no-brainer... 4 x $450 = $1,800 that Verizon will pay toward the cost of their devices.

I don't know about you, but I don't think retaining unlimited data is worth the extra $1,800 cost. Especially if the total data use for all 4 lines is < 6GB (or maybe even 8GB).

If they're not planning on upgrading any of the devices at this time... OK, fine, it's worth considering... but if their contract is up and it's renewal time anyway, the presumption is that a new device (or new devices) are in order which will make the decision that much easier.

11. Legion103 thread starter macrumors regular

12. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

Correct $650-$450=$200.