Verizon 4S GSM Unlock- Straight Talk Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tbarney, Sep 26, 2012.

1. tbarney macrumors member

I've seen the recent posts on the Verizon iPhone5 is GSM unlocked. I did some forum searches and found that the Verizon 4S can be GSM unlocked. I call Verizon and the GSM unlocked my 4S. My question is, can I now order up a Straight Talk micro sim and month to month plan and use my 4S on Straight Talk? If I can, are there any issues and/or features I will loose? The Verizon person I spoke to who GSM unlocked my phone would provide no detail on domestic funtionality and gave some some bs on needing to reload software on m phone? No idea what they are talking about. Any help on this would be fantastic.

2. johnothy macrumors regular

johnothy

I've used Straight Talk with an AT&T iPhone 3GS. I had to jailbreak it in order to make MMS work. I had to type in a code I found online in the phone dialer to get voicemail working. Visual voicemail did not work for me but regular voicemail did and the phone alerts you when you have them like normal. Otherwise it didn't work any different than my iPhone 4 does on Verizon.

3. tbarney thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the response but my question is around functionality of straight talk with a GSM unlocked Verizon 4S, not an AT&T phone.