Verizon account question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by metzy25, Sep 10, 2013.

1. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

I have 3 lines on my account and were going to add a line and buy out an old line to get the new 5S. But I won't be around Friday morning to sit at apple to get the phone. So does anyone know if I can add my son too the account for him to be able to start a new line, he is over 18 if that makes a difference.

2. jason2811 macrumors 6502a

Yes you can do this. Just call.

3. metzy25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

metzy25

Awesome that'll help out a lot, not so worried about pre ordering now. Thank you for the reply!

4. metzy25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

metzy25

Another question is will I be able to do the scenario that's in my first post, starting a new contract and buying out the one I am currently on? I don't see why Id have problems with that?

5. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

What exactly do you mean buying out your contract? You can do what is called an "assumption of liability" where you transfer ownership and responsibility of all or some of your lines to another person. But the contracts will still be in effect.

6. metzy25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

metzy25

All the phones I have on my account have different upgrade dates, I'm using a Verizon share everything plan. All I'm doing is going to start a new two year contract under my plan, and buyout one of the phone lines I currently have so I don't have to pay full price for the 5S.