Verizon activation of new phone - delay?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by leenak, Sep 21, 2012.

1. leenak macrumors 68020

So I got my phone, followed the instructions on the included paperwork. I get a message that the phone is not activated and it may take some time.

I tried to call Verizon but I got a busy signal and disconnected when I tried to talk to the operator. Obviously I'd prefer to make sure I did everything right.

Should I just leave phone on and it'll try to activate itself? Anything I should specifically try?

I've connected to iTunes, I'm on my local wifi network, etc.

2. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

you really think verizon is just not that busy today? patience son.

3. leenak thread starter macrumors 68020

I know Verizon is busy which is why I'd prefer to make sure I did things right without having to talk to them.

So, any useful tips?

4. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

keep trying to activate, one should get thru sooner or later?

they are playing with millions of activations today. and now that the entire world has access to the new phone, even harder.

5. leenak thread starter macrumors 68020

Keep trying in terms of? Do I just turn phone off and on? Or something else?

6. travisiscoolest macrumors newbie

just turn it on and start setting it up, i had problems with Sprint but they couldn't do anything so i just started setting it up and lo and behold it works now!

7. Uln4321 macrumors regular

I was having the same problem as you. First time I called I go the busy signal. Called back and was only on hold for 5 min. They somehow activated it!

8. leenak thread starter macrumors 68020

Ok then I'll try to call them! I didn't know if it was an automatic retry or something going on with the phone.

9. leenak thread starter macrumors 68020

So it looks like the phone automatically activated after a couple hours. I didn't call Verizon or anything.

good deal! woot woot!