Verizon Activation Problems

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lockerc18, Sep 21, 2012.

1. lockerc18 macrumors 6502

I got my spiffy new iPhone5 today, 16GB black. Truly, a very nice piece of technology. No scratches, either.

I followed the enclosed instructions to get the phone activated. I'm coming from a Droid X, so I've never used 4G / LTE before. Anyway, the activation didn't work, so I called VZW to see what the problem was. I was told that my SIM was in "RS Status" mode, whatever that is. Essentially, the rep told me that there are so many phones being activated right now that my request was backed up in some system queue, and it would take a while (perhaps minutes, or hours, not real specific) to get the activation complete.

WiFi works great, but it will still be a while before I can use LTE and make calls and such. Bummer.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Well, the problem was explained by VZW. It is to be expected that with so many people getting a new phone today and quite a few who seemed to have jumped ship from AT&T to VZW for their LTE, that this is going to happen. It'll get sorted but I understand how this can be a bummer.

3. lockerc18 thread starter macrumors 6502

As it turns out, we got 2 phones, which came in the same box. Unfortunately, the paperwork for them was attached to the wrong phone, so I was trying to activate my phone with the info for the other phone. Once I figured that out, and used the right info for my phone, it activated right away. There was no clogging of the activation queue, which the Verizon rep told me there was. Sloppy product packing, but not too bad, really. And the phone is truly georgeous, and fast, too. Count me in the happy camper column.

4. WillJS macrumors 65816

WillJS

I had the same problem. I figured maybe calling customer service would be a good idea and she was able to perform a few tasks and activate y phone right away. FYI for anyone stuck in a queue.

5. physicsguy13 macrumors 6502

physicsguy13

I guess I was lucky because my number was ported from AT&T to Verizon in like 5 minutes or less.

6. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

Me too. I was leaving for work at 2 PM (I start at 3) when the FedEx guy showed up. I got to work around 2:35 and my phone was up and running on Verizon by 2:45. My AT&T 4S stayed behind in the car while my old number is now rocking on Verizon LTE.

I remember it taking hours to activate my 4S on AT&T last year.