Verizon Activation waiver and Port over rebate

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NYRangers11, Jan 4, 2012.

1. NYRangers11 macrumors member

I was recently at a local Verizon wireless store and they told me they can waive my activation fee if my employer has Verizon discounts. They also said something about a $50 rebate or discount if I port over my number from a different wireless provider. I ended up getting the iPhone at the Apple store because I needed it ASAP and didn't wanna wait for it to be shipped to the store. Anyways anyone have any knowledge how I can get the activation waiver or anyone know about the port over discount? I tried calling Verizon but they play stupid and say they don't know anything about this. Thanks.

2. pilot1226 macrumors 6502a

pilot1226

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

This could be part of the ploy to get you to switch. Sprint offers things like this every once and a while to switch but usually you have to do it in a brick and mortar store. So, I would go back to the store and try to get them to do it, or if you want, return it back to Apple and get the promo with Verizon if they strongarm you.

But because your number is on Verizon already you might run the risk of losing your number if you cancel.

3. NYRangers11 thread starter macrumors member

I think theres a $35 restocking fee for Verizon wireless but i bought it at the Apple store. According to Apple policy there is no restocking fee if I'm correct.

4. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

You are correct.