Verizon Add Applecare+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shadrap, Sep 21, 2012.

1. shadrap macrumors 6502

Does anyone know if it's possible and/ or how to add Applecare +. My phone was purchased from Verizon.

2. MS2083 macrumors regular

schedule an appointment with the Genuis Bar at your nearest Apple Store.. they will help set you up with Applecare+

this has to be done within 30 days though from date you first purchased the iphone!

3. gsugolfer macrumors 6502a

gsugolfer

If you're not near one, Apple will add it over the phone for you. I've already called them on the subject.

4. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

I did it tonight.

I had called before delivery and the person on the phone at apple told me that they make you come in but can make exceptions to the rule if you live over 50 miles away from the closes retail store.

I looked it up and I'm 67 miles away from one.

I called and the first person I talked to would not do it. I polietely explained that I had called previously and talked to Samantha and she indicated that a special exception could maybe be made since I'm over 50 miles away. The rep was still reluctant so I got a bit more assertive and said that I'm not driving over an hour to buy a warranty for my phone. It was just delivered today, there's nothing wrong with it, I've got two other brand new (within the year) apple devices and I purchased applecare + for both of them over the phone. I said if they can't do it, that's fine but that's not what I was told by a different rep so could I please be escalated to someone else who can explain why I was told (with details like 50 mile radius etc) that it could be made to happen.

I was put on hold and the next person was awesomely polite and got things squared away.

If you are within range of a store, I'm not sure if or how much they can help you over the phone. I think my biggest benefit was my location (the sticks of ohio).