Verizon already taking preorders by phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tkmcguire1, Sep 13, 2012.

1. tkmcguire1 macrumors 6502

tkmcguire1

I called verizon and they are already taking orders,although they wont submit them till morning,i ordered 16gb black,i usually get white,but i really like the look of the black,so my order is set to go,the rep said when he gets in the morning he will be submitting all the orders he's taken,i will be getting it on release day,i was just told to accept the order confirmation email when it is sent,they were also offering a bundle for $245 you get the iphone 16gb,cases,screen protectors,home and car chargers,so i went ahead and got that,so i am good to go!

2. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

F those sales bundles.

the video game stores do the same thing when a system is hot

3. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Hey, question (just to verify whether the info I heard was true or not), do you have the shared data plan or did you change to it? If not, did they let you keep the old plan (non shared data plan).

Just curious how accurate something I heard was (cause if you can verify you were able to keep a non shared plan it would totally make that info defunct).

4. tkmcguire1 thread starter macrumors 6502

tkmcguire1

I know,i thought about the bundle after i got,probably could get things cheaper off ebay,but he talked me into it and i thought at least ill have e erything i need when it gets here,i wish i wouldnt have gotten the bundle now,but oh well,i dont want to have to call back and wait on hold again.
    [/LIST]

5. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

If you want the upgrade price, you can use the individual data plans (2 GB, 5 GB, etc) per line, or get a shared data plan, but you cannot keep an unlimited data plan. Verified via phone yesterday.

6. tkmcguire1 thread starter macrumors 6502

tkmcguire1

I am on the shared data plan,i have been on it about a a month,i just kept my same plan

7. tigress666 macrumors 68040

HRm, he claimed he talked to a rep (commented on his G+) and the rep said that you had to go to a shared data plan now to get the subsidized price (not just lose your unlimited, but you had to change to the shared data plans). OF course even if the journalist is telling the truth (which I am guessing he is honestly), reps have been known not to know what they are talking about (which I would guess is more the case). And he only claimed to talk to one about this.

I guess I'll probably see by tomorrow cause if it is true, I predict that there will at least be some very upset people who probably will be voicing it here ;). I mean the shared data plan is great for some but a total rip off for others.

8. taedouni macrumors 65816

Your order depends on that sales representative. No one can preorder the iPhone until 12AM PST tonight. The sales man will probably try to preorder it for you in the morning once they start their shift. I just don't see how they could already be taking preorders right now over the phone if they released a public announcement that they will accept it only at 12am tonight.

9. MacChinoNyc macrumors 6502

I hope you have the rep's info because this doesnt even sound legit.

10. tkmcguire1 thread starter macrumors 6502

tkmcguire1

If you reread my post,they are taking the orders but not submitting them till the morning,my rep said he gets there at 6 am and he will be submitting all the orders hes taken

11. taedouni macrumors 65816

And as I said your chance of getting the iPhone will solely depend on that representative. If Verizon no longer has stock once he clocks in then you're out of luck. That's a whole 6 hours, anything can happen.

12. tkmcguire1 thread starter macrumors 6502

tkmcguire1

They are taking preorders,but they wont be submitted until early morning,and yes i have his info,i have his name,extension and direct line,my order is already taken and my rep will be submitting it and all the others hes taken at 6 am,i will be getting it on the 21st,it just saves me having to staa awake and fight the system because the servers always jam up with everyone trying to order.

----------

I was told the orders taken will be getting our phones on the 21st

13. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

Well, I wouldn't issue a blanket statement and say "they" are taking pre-orders... because I'm on the phone with them right now, and she put me on hold and asked around, and she is being told that the system won't let them do it at all until 3:00 AM EST...

14. taedouni macrumors 65816

You were told what the sales rep thought was needed in order to get commission. If you make a sale with them then they get commission.

15. tkmcguire1 thread starter macrumors 6502

tkmcguire1

All i know is,i called to ask when orders would start and the rep,Jason was his name said he would take my order and when he got there at 6 am in the morning,would be submitting it into the system with all the others taken and i would get it on the 21st,i have his number,extension and everything,i was also told i would be getting an email tomorroe and to be sure to accept terms so my phone would ship out.

16. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

Could you PM me his number and extension? I would like to place my order now and actually sleep tonight :D

Thanks!

17. TedJustAdmitit macrumors regular

TedJustAdmitit

Possibly, but you can't keep it when placing the order online. Sorry, what I mean is if you pay full price you can't keep your unlimited data plan when you try to preorder online.

18. groupersandwich macrumors 6502

On the phone with them now and they will not take my order until 6:00 AM tomorrow morning on the phone or 3:01 AM online.