verizon and sprint on t-mobile unlocked 6s/s=6s+ question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rigormortis, Sep 27, 2015.

1. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

has anyone actually tried this yet?

the t-mobile phone is supposed to be cdma + gsm on the 6s/6s+., the AT&T one has no cdma

i would like to hear if anyone tried using either pre-activated sims, or tried to activate this phone
    on Verizon or sprint.

i haven't tested it yet. all i did was check the meid to Verizon's website and it said it wasn't compatible.

2. KPOM macrumors G5

The AT&T version has a working CDMA radio and can accept a working Verizon SIM, despite Verizon's website saying it is not compatible.

3. rigormortis thread starter macrumors 68000

rigormortis

i didn't say verizon was saying it was not compatible. i was saying apple is the one going around and saying it won't work because they claim the cdma radio is not an american one in the AT&T version

4. KPOM macrumors G5

I don't know what "Apple is going around saying." The website clearly says it supports the CDMA networks that are in use in the U.S. (CDMA EV-DO Rev. A [800, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz]). On top of that, there are a whole bunch of regional carriers who have legacy CDMA networks who are selling the A1633 and A1634 (C-Spire, US Cellular, etc.)

http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

Anyway, your post did say that Verizon's website said it wasn't compatible. Verizon's website is technically wrong, but since it isn't on their white list, you won't be able to activate a new account with an AT&T or T-Mobile iPhone 6S, at least not without a lot of hassle.