Verizon CEO confirms: Palm Pre, new Blackberry Storm, Motorola Android all comingsoon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphones4evry1, Jul 30, 2009.

1. iphones4evry1 macrumors 65816

iphones4evry1

'What was once a rumor has now been confirmed: Verizon's (NYSE: VZ) wireless business unit will begin carrying Palm's (Nasdaq: PALM) Pre smartphone in early 2010.

"You can expect to see a steady stream of attractive devices coming from Verizon wireless," said President and Chief Operating Officer Denny Strigl during Monday's conference call with investors. "For example, we launched the Blackberry Tour on July 12. We plan to refresh the Storm later this year. Android is on our roadmap. We have Motorola (NYSE: MOT) devices that are coming, and we plan to offer the Palm Pre early next year, and we have continued excellent relationship with LG and Samsung."

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2009/07/29/verizon-pre-vents-a-monopoly.aspx

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

That's cool, now VZ can totally dominate "The UGLY Phone Market".....lol :p:p:p

3. Pared macrumors 65816

I'm so glad you posted this in the iPhone forum.

Exactly what I was looking for. :rolleyes:

4. iphones4evry1 thread starter macrumors 65816

iphones4evry1

LMAO !!! Right now, I'm waiting to get the Zune phone on AT&T - that would be the perfect combo!

5. vipergts2207 macrumors 65816

vipergts2207

Let me know when they get the iPhone then I might care. Or at least wifi enabled phones. :rolleyes: