Verizon Customers: Who has to Wait Until Oct 7?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Vorpal279, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Vorpal279 macrumors member

I got the iPhone 4 as soon as Verizon launched it back in February 2011. I won't be eligible to upgrade until Oct 7. Last time Verizon cut me a break on my upgrade to get the iPhone 4, but it doesn't look like they're going to do that this time.

So who's in this boat with me?

2. davefromca macrumors 6502

Ya looks like you'll just need to be patient. Put on the plus side, you wont have to deal with the mad scramble. Myself, I deserve to be the first to get the 5. I've been trying to keep my droid alive for 6 months. Had it for 2.5 years waiting for the 5.

3. skywalkerr69 macrumors 6502a

skywalkerr69

Same thing here. You know of anyone who can still get the unlimited data?

4. Vorpal279 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I don't mind waiting. I went from a Blackberry to an iPhone 4 last time, so I was desperate for an immediate upgrade. This time, I pretty know what to expect so I'm cool with it. I just hope they have it in-store during that time. I'd rather not order it online if I have to.

----------

Don't think it will be possible since it will be a LTE device. They already put out that if you go from 3G to LTE, your unlimited data will be gone.

5. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

Add me to the group. :(

I was pretty bummed that Verizon, didn't allow for us to upgrade for a few weeks. Knowing how Verizon works as a company, I can guarantee that this decision was discussed. I'm also sure it was ultimately looked at as a way of helping relieve some of the pre-order demand.

I just hope that the ship date isn't 2-4 weeks out once we can actually order.

6. hoosiersunited macrumors member

Same boat here - I got an early upgrade at the time of the 4 so my wife and I could be on the same contract year on a shared plan. I was hoping to move up but what can you do? Will either go to a store on 10/7 or order online. Not sure which yet.

7. Geffen macrumors 6502

I'm in the same situation where my upgrade eligible date isn't until Oct 7th which i don't mind waiting. I'm just a bit concerned that iPhone 5 stock won't be available and i'll have to join everyone else in back orders. i'm sure this had to have been planned by Apple/Verizon to stagger the surge in iphone 5 orders so theres not as many lines during the 9/21 release date.

8. tdar macrumors 6502a

All of us who got the iPhone 4 on launch day are with you. Sad part is that they will not do anything about it. I spent most of yesterday trying to get someone to move my upgrade date by 16 days. That's right 16 days. Now phones are sold out and Verizon has sentenced it's most loyal iPhone customers to having to wait until who knows when to get our phones. Never mind making us give up the unlimited data that they promised we would receive and would be grandfathered for, until they had their last change of mind. Hell of a way to run a company and make customers happy!

9. Geffen macrumors 6502

It's just the pre order allotment of iphone 5's are sold out. I'm sure they'll be plenty of stock in stores come 9-21-12 the real test will be how long that stock will last.

10. tdar macrumors 6502a

Those will be gone by our date too. Apple is saying that if you order a phone now, it will be 2 weeks (around our date) before they can fill your order from the factory. so in 2 weeks they will have all of the orders that come in for the next 2 weeks to fill before they can get to our orders. Expect your phone around Thanksgiving. I did this last year with a friend , he got his phone right before thanksgiving.

11. hoosiersunited macrumors member

My guess is Apple/Verizon has built this in and will have a staggered release of devices throughout the period. I have to think we will wait (2-3 weeks) but we will get it within a decent amount of time.

12. Vorpal279 thread starter macrumors member

So, who preordered this morning? I did! :D

Verizon's website wasn't cooperating with me this morning so I ordered one on Apple's website. Says it will be delivered between Nov 7-14. Kinda sucks waiting that long, but whatever.