Verizon delaying upgrades

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jayschim, Oct 12, 2013.

1. jayschim macrumors newbie

For those who ordered their phones September 20, you may notice that your upgrade eligibility date is NOT 9/20/15, rather it is at least 9/22/15 even though your credit card was probably charged on the 20th or 21st. While this doesnt seem significant now, how will you feel when Apple releases the new iPhone on 9/18/15 and by the time you can order at a discount you will be waiting a month! There is a reason you ordered on 9/20. This is just another way Verizon is screwing their faithful customers by quietly making the 2 year upgrade miss the release date.

2. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

The timer doesn't start until you activate the phone i believe.

3. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

OMG!:eek:

Cheated out of a day!:eek:

Maybe having to wait a month!:eek:

How will we ever survive!:eek:

Damn you, Verizon! :mad:

(Highlighted quote says it for me. Yes, it's out of context)

4. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

…..of significant relevance is the fact that many who were eligible and ordered on launch day, as soon as ordering wen't live, have ended up waiting several weeks for their new toys.

Cracking up!!!

5. ABC5S macrumors 68040

Verizon: Purchased iPhone on the 20th. Arrived on the 25th, and activated late evening. Upgrade starts one year from the 23rd as shown on Verizons site. 2 days early from activation

6. aneftp macrumors 68040

Credit card isn't charged until they ship the phone. Not when you ordered it. They place a hold but to actual charges don't come through until it ships.

And it's 2 day shipping anyways.

7. Harmygeddon macrumors newbie

Not always true. I was charged on 9/21 and I am still waiting for my phone. At this point Verizon can not tell me when I will get it.