Verizon early upgrade. Someone tell me good news!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wildonrio, Sep 12, 2012.

1. wildonrio macrumors 6502

My upgrade isn't until October 10th, as is for everyone who got the iPhone 4 on launch day for Verizon. Does anyone know a way to get them to allow a 3 week early upgrade to get the 5 on launch day?

2. infinity12402 macrumors member

ya call them now and tell them your phone is falling apart and you would like to have your upgrade moved up, but you want to go into the store to buy the phone and dont mention you want the iphone 5. i just did this exact thing, although i had been complaing of a crappy phone for about 4 or 5 months now. but its worth a try.

3. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

Call and ask, it is the only way. They sometimes do it but only when you plan on buying a phone right then and there so you would have to call on preorder day.

4. U2megafan macrumors newbie

Thats the exact same issue I am having. October 4th, like really they should bump the upgrade dates for people who preorded the iphone 4. It is expected to get a new smartphone every other iteration, and its only a few weeks. I really have started hating Verizon the past few years because of how they went from great customer service to complete crap.

5. pasipple macrumors 6502a

pasipple

How?

The iPhone 4S was released October 14th 2011. How are people getting full upgrades in less than a year?

I bought mine at release and my upgrade is shown as May 13, 2013...which is 18 months.

And as the thread implies...my carrier is Verizon.

6. U2megafan macrumors newbie

We bought the iPhone 4 in January of 2011, not the 4S in October of 2011

7. pasipple macrumors 6502a

pasipple

8. spidertaker23 macrumors regular

I am in the same boat with my wife's phone. I can't believe her upgrade is still showing up as October 12th! You would think VZ would throw original iPhone 4 verizon customers a bone! I am a business customer and they haven't changed a thing. Maybe we will get lucky and it will change thursday or friday, but I think we are screwed out of getting it at launch.

9. technicallyerik macrumors newbie

I called Verizon, and they said "We have a contractual agreement with Apple that prevents us from moving your upgrade date for the new iPhone. However, if you'd like an Android..."

10. infinity12402 macrumors member

like i said, ive read repeatedly from this site that they will not move an upgrade for an iphone. so thats why when i called them, i made sure that i did not mention the iphone in any shape or form. they did it no problem.

11. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

Lol good luck with any of those crap tactics.. I think every carrier knows that customers will be calling with any and every excuse under the sun to get a new iPhone at new customer/renewal pricing..

12. infinity12402 macrumors member

well, thats also why i called on tue before they announced it. but the guy i spoke to told me that apple was announcing the iphone 5 the next day anyway, so clearly he didnt care. but again, i had also been complaining for months and had 4 phone swaps so