Verizon - Getting VZW to WhiteList an Unlocked Sprint iP6s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JulesJam, Nov 26, 2015.

1. JulesJam macrumors 68020

JulesJam

So I have an unlocked Sprint iP6s but it shows up as non-vzw device on my line. That is a problem for employee discounts and insurance. Phone works fine on Verizon as you would expect since it is the same model as the Verizon model.

I want Verizon to whitelist the IMEI. I know it can be done b/c it was done for some of the Nexus devices. Anyone have experience doing this with iPhones?

2. cnotes2019 Suspended

No experience but I believe you can call and have it done easily

3. JulesJam thread starter macrumors 68020

JulesJam

Thanks, I did call and they said can't be done. During the Nexus 6 debacle, some people could get it done, others couldn't. It took numerous complaints to the FCC to get Verizon to whitelist all of the N6 IMEIs.

4. JulesJam thread starter macrumors 68020

JulesJam

Thanks, that thread seems to say the IMEIs were whitelisted automatically, but mine is clearly not whitelisted. Ugh, the Verizon reps are such idiots, I literally had to shout the last one down b/c she wouldn't shut up about how the hardware of a sprint phone was different. No matter how many times I told her this was the same model as the Verizon iPhone 6s, she couldn't grasp that.

5. JulesJam thread starter macrumors 68020

JulesJam

I did end up getting Verizon tech support to whitelist the device. It shows up now as iPhone 6s non VZW rather than non-VZW device.

6. MistahMumford macrumors 6502

MistahMumford

I wonder if I'll have any issues tomorrow when I activate the unlocked TMo 6S Plus I'm picking up