Verizon "grandfathered" unlimited Data from iphone 4s - LTE or 3G only?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by krisatwerk, Sep 13, 2012.

1. krisatwerk macrumors newbie

Hello,

I read through multiple Verizon threads and wasn't able to find my answer, so I thought creating a new thread might be helpful for those of us with the same question.

If I pay full price for the new iPhone 5, I understand that Verizon will allow me to keep my unlimited data plan, but will it be capped at 3G speeds, or will I be able to access LTE speeds? Unlimited data is great but one of the biggest reasons to upgrade to iPhone 5 is for the LTE speeds.

2. LoloBond macrumors 6502

They will just switch your internet plan to LTE...

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

It will get LTE. I honestly do not even think the carriers can cap an individual phone to just 3G....i may be wrong though.

edit: I guess they could just not change your plan, but I do not think they will do that.

4. krisatwerk thread starter macrumors newbie

Does anyone have confirmation of this, or a source? Or I guess just wait to see the results on the 21st?

5. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

Verizon doesn't separate 4G and 3G. If you pay full price to keep unlimited data, you have unlimited data on whatever network(s) your phone can connect to.

The source for this is: me. I am upgrading from a 4S to a 5, and I am paying full price to keep unlimited data. That is how it works. :)