Verizon has special hours on Friday

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iMaven, Sep 17, 2012.

1. iMaven macrumors 6502

iMaven

Verizon, according to their website, is opening at 8:00am this Friday, but no one is standing in line like at the Apple stores.

2. leenak macrumors 68020

For stores other than Apple, I'd expect that lines would form the day of. Basically, Apple stores just get a larger supply. Who knows how many a Verizon store might get.

3. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

4. iMaven thread starter macrumors 6502

iMaven

West Coast

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I meant where is the source of your info. Sorry for the confusion

6. hisboyelroy macrumors member

hisboyelroy

If you go to the Verizon Wireless website and enter your zip code under the Store Locator tab, you will see all the Verizon stores (corporate owned I believe) that are within a certain mile radius. Store hours are listed next to each store and many, if not most, seem to have special hours for Friday, noted in red. They all seem to suggest they will open at 8:00 am when typically they open at 9:00 a.m.

I actually went to a Verizon store today and confirmed this (along with a long list of other questions). I have gone to Verizon's 8:00 a.m. openings for various releases in the past and found their lines to be far smaller than other retail stores (Best Buy and Apple) or non existent. I suspect there will be some fanfare at the Verizon stores for the iPhone 5 release but it may well be a better bet to go to a Verizon store on Friday than to an Apple store.

By the way, I did ask about the number of iPhones they expected to get and the manager said he really didn't know. I kind of believe him on that too.

7. Bswartz95 macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

I remember waiting in line at the Apple store for the iPad 2, and they did not know the inventory on their daily shipments until they arrived. They did not know quantity, color, or gb.

8. mac.cali macrumors 65816

I'm thinking of heading to Verizon for my wife's iPhone. Is it better to buy from Apple of Verizon?

9. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

I have done both and had great experiences with each. I would say Apple if its not swamped when you plan to start waiting.

10. ceiph macrumors regular

working at a major retailer at ipad 3 launch we knew exact quantity, how else would you do inventory right if you didnt know what was coming in? official word is always I have no idea how many we are getting ;)

11. bushman4 macrumors 68000

Don't count on ATT or Verizon getting much inventory.
    When 4S came out they didn't have more than a few hours of inventory so why would things change for this launch.

12. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

I went into two different Verizon stores in Manhattan, and in both cases they reiterated the fact that they had no pre-knowledge of how many iPhone 5's they would be allocated, and wouldn't know until the actual phones had arrived.

13. imlynxy macrumors 65816

i was about to switch verizon from att, but with "all you can spare" plans I stay with att. So don't look for me in the line :)

14. mac.cali macrumors 65816

Thanks for sharing. However if I do need you I can find you in the throttled section. :)

15. climber20 macrumors member

For the launches of the iPhone 4 and 4S, I showed up 1.5 to 2 hours before the Verizon store opened, and I was the only one there each time. By the time 8 o'clock rolled around, there were maybe 25-30 people total outside the store and everyone left with whatever color and size they wanted.

16. aquadisiac macrumors 6502

yeah my local store is open at 8 and on verizon site, it says "special hours" on friday, 8am.

17. pyrodex macrumors 6502

pyrodex

Last year I tried the whole Verizon store route but was disappointed when they wouldn't have the higher end models (64GB) in store. I was then directed to the apple store who had tons of all the models in all sizes and colors.

18. chrise2 macrumors 6502

Yeah, the carrier stores have limited supply. Even after launch. I tried an AT&T store first one time and I was told they only had one 64 GB model (I wanted 16 GB). So I walked to the Apple store where they had all models. Frankly, you're better off ordering online and just waiting. I would freak out if I waited on line for hours to find out they didn't have the model I wanted. But that's just me.

19. iMaven thread starter macrumors 6502

iMaven

VerizonWireless.com

Go to the store locator and enter your zip code. The times are listed in red with a note about special hours.

20. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Grassyass, amigo.

21. iMaven thread starter macrumors 6502

iMaven

I don't have a grassy....oh...you're welcome. :eek:

22. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

When i worked for ATT cor stores. The longest lines we had were for the original iphone. I worked there when they had the 3g and 3gs come out also. Those weren't that bad. And yes we knew how many we would have in stock ahead of time. But boy was Apple anal about security etc. If i remember correctly most ppl paid ahead of time, brought their receipt and got their phone. Some ppl did stand in line to see if there were extras at launch. But it was nothing like the original iphone.

EDIT: I have no idea how ATT does things now. I don't work there anymore. And all my friends that used to work there are gone, working somewhere else.

23. iMaven thread starter macrumors 6502

iMaven

Verizon store said they'd have the iPhones on launch day, but they didn't know how many of each model, yet.

24. mac.cali macrumors 65816

Was going to head to Apple but that's about a 30 minute drive and plus the long lines. The Verizon store is 5 minutes away from me and Best Buy/Target/Walmart and Sam's Club are all within 5 minutes of each other.

25. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

I LOVE your Sig.... ;)

I have my iPhone on Pre-order with a shipping date of 9/28 :( If Verizon doesn't charge my credit card friday morning, ill show up at Verizon's door at 5:30am and wait. I think 5:30am is a good time to show up.