Verizon having issues with activation/swap of phones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mzjin, Sep 21, 2012.

1. mzjin macrumors 6502

mzjin

Just an FYI.

I got a white one in store - and voila, scuff on the aluminum rim right out of the box.

Tried a swap, the Apple guys in store along with the Verizon Rep tried for about an hour with no luck getting the exchange phone activated.

Verizon = Cluster-F of activation

Apple = Complete Cluster-F of quality control.

Oh, and almost EVERY single black iPhone on display had a small chip or imperfection in the anodized aluminum sides already. These things are brand new out of box! Tons of people exchanging them in store already.

Apple's black iPhone - what a fail.

2. Codepiink macrumors regular

I just went to Apple to upgrade a separate line on another Verizon account to use on my existing Verizon line and they activated the phone with the upgrade line, instead of mine of course, and apparently none of the Verizon stores have any nano sims to give me. I have been on hold with Verizon for 25 min now trying to see if they can mail one to me. Not looking good right now... wtf

3. black743 macrumors 6502

This is so illegal...they could get in lots of trouble for doing this.

Basically they sold you a phone telling you one thing and now rendered useless.

4. eb377205 macrumors newbie

I just went into a Verizon store. They had a handful of iPhone 5's in stock. My line is not available for an upgrade but 3 other lines on our shared plan are. It has never been an issue before to do alternate upgrades. Verizon said they can not do the alternate upgrade right now because they do not have any extra sim cards. Is there ANY way to get around this? There are numerous stores with the iPhone 5 in stock that are close by and I would love to get one.