Verizon hotspot monthly rate

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sk24iam, Jun 13, 2013.

1. sk24iam macrumors regular

I recently activated the hotspot on my iphone via Verizon. There was 4 days left on my billing period, however I was charged a full $20. Is this standard? I thought the hotspot was prorated?

2. sick z33 macrumors 6502

3. sk24iam thread starter macrumors regular

ya, called verizon, apparently they tried to slide in a full month's charge. as soon as I asked them to prorate it they changed it. pretty sketchy.

4. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

The $20 may be for month in advance billing. It should say that on your actual bill online. Check it and it should have a little info bubble next to it stating its a month in advance charge in addition to your prorated fee. I just converted my wife onto my share anything plan and they charged me her prorated fee plus $40 line access for one month in advance. Sounds more like you need to read your bill carefully and understand it fully, not that they are trying to pull a fast one on you.

5. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Isn't hotspotting on Verizon just taken out of your monthly data? I could be wrong of course, or maybe it's part of being on a share everything plan.

6. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

It's included in shared data plans and is a $20 add on if you're on an old plan.

7. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Ok makes sense.