Verizon Iphone-4.2.7-any way to roll back? If not, how soon to jailbreaked..

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by pittguy578, Apr 20, 2011.

1. pittguy578 macrumors member

I accidentally upgraded to 4.2.7 not realizing it would F up my jailbreak. I have a lot of songs I loaded via Pwntunes I can no longer access plus some videos.
    Is there any way to roll it back? Something told me to not update the OS when I connected to my PC, but I thought it would be ok. I am now sick to my stomach..If I can't roll back, any ETA on the jailbreak?

2. Ponderous macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_7 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E303 Safari/6533.18.5)

You can roll back if you backed up ur shsh blobs. Otherwise be patient. The JB will come for us.

3. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Here we go @#$%@#$% Verizon "accidentally updated" shenanigans.

You screwed up, own up to it. It's not possible to accidentally update. You hooked up your phone to your computer, you clicked the update button, you then sat there for 5-10 minutes while the firmware first downloaded, then spent another 5 minutes installing. Sounds more like you made a lot of conscious decisions to me.

4. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

Did you even read the post? He clearly said he did it without knowing it would mess up his jailbreak.

I used to wonder myself if minor increments (i.e. 4.2.6 to 4.2.7) would leave a jailbreak, not everyone knows everything without learning it first.

No need to be a douche about it.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

6. sloppygator2013 macrumors regular

Yea Hackthatphone is the resident a**h**e. Don't you have an iClarified tutorial to copy and change money for?

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Good idea. Lets copy some tutorials and charge a membership and hope some poor souls fall for it.
    With a personality and attitude like his he will get tons of people joining his site:D

8. terraphantm macrumors 68040

4.3.2 and 4.2.7 were released at the same time right? I wonder why 4.2.7 doesn't have a jailbreak when 4.3.2 does. It's a long shot, but has anyone tried pointing to 4.3.2 to JB a 4.2.7 phone? Since the CPUs are the same, maybe they use the same kernel too?

9. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Really? I figured it was obvious that any update would wipe the phone.
    Granted, I used to not jb, so I was used to that concept.
    If I thought newbies would actually bother to read it, I'd put together the idiot's guide to JBing. First thing, updates kill the JB.

10. pittguy578 thread starter macrumors member

You made a conscious decision to be a dumbass.
    Not everyone has the time to browse Iphone forums all day and talk about jailbreaking.

11. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

If your time is so precious then don't JB. Learn how to search and read.