Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aztek87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2011
I just registered because I can't find an answer anywhere...OK so here is my story, I had the iPhone 4 with verizon then the iPhone 4S was released and I wasn't impressed so I switched to a Droid RAZR and well....it wasn't for me :D

So I sold the RAZR and got a 16GB iPhone 4S yesterday, I restored with my backup from my original iPhone 4 and everything works fine but only the visual voicemail has a problem.

When I select it a message pops up saying "Voicemail unavailable could not authorize access" and I also noticed there is a red circle on top of the phone icon but it doesnt have a number. Voice mail works fine if i set up the iPhone as a new phone but when i restore my backup the above problem happens.

I called verizon tech support and after being on the phone for 2 hours I still have the same problem, the guy said he reset the voicemail on his end so it should work now but it doesn't.

Any ideas? :confused: Thanks!

njnbonsi

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2012
Verizon iPhone 4S visual voicemail not working :(

My wife also has a new iPhone 4S (on VzW) with the very same issue. Nothing tech-support could do, so they are shipping a replacement phone. The issue there is that the replacement phone is NOT new, only "like-new" (as VzW calls it).

Will repost if this actualy fixes the issue.

njnbonsi

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2012
I performed a *73 <send>, which fixed the issue. DAMN shame I had to find the fix on the web instead of Techsupport.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.