Verizon iPhone 5 LTE speed in Boston area?

Bruins Fan

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2012
Boston, MA
I've been following a few threads on other forums about poor LTE speeds on Verizon in the Boston area. I don't have my 5 yet (pre-ordered), but was wondering what people in Eastern Mass. are seeing for LTE speeds on Verizon LTE?

Thanks!

Dwalls90

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2009
I've been following a few threads on other forums about poor LTE speeds on Verizon in the Boston area. I don't have my 5 yet (pre-ordered), but was wondering what people in Eastern Mass. are seeing for LTE speeds on Verizon LTE?

Thanks!
Very fast here:

Www.rootmetrics.com

Comment

SR71

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA

Thanks!
All of these tests were over LTE in and around the Boston area. The speeds are simply incredible, and anyone who tells you otherwise is an idiot.

Attachments

Comment

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
I live near East Boston and I see the following speeds:

I'm getting between 20 to 25Mbps on download. I've seen has high as 44Mbps and as low as 19Mbps on download. Upload speeds are more consistent in the neighborhood of 11Mbps

Comment

themadrussian

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
I get 10-15 Mbps down and 5-8 Mbps up in my area (Kenmore Sq.). I've had occasional bursts significantly higher, but for the most part they hover around those numbers. I've had much faster speeds in the suburbs.

Comment

rman726

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2007
All of these tests were over LTE in and around the Boston area. The speeds are simply incredible, and anyone who tells you otherwise is an idiot.
Those ping times aren't very good (relative to many LTE areas).

Comment

fryrice

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2012
Boston, MA
subed in for more results.

i am torn between ATT or VZN. I am out in the taunton, raynham, 495, hopkinton, natick area. So more suburb areas. I do go into the city once a week.

Comment

SilentLoner

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
subed in for more results.

i am torn between ATT or VZN. I am out in the taunton, raynham, 495, hopkinton, natick area. So more suburb areas. I do go into the city once a week.
Do you travel to other markets aswell?

Comment

pdutta2000

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2008
I'm in Sudbury and drive in to Boston or Burlington every day. LTE is amazing in the Framingham/Natick area. I'm a convert from AT&T and consistently see 4-5 bars of LTE.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.