Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fdsadfsadd3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
So we all know the iPhone 5 pre-orders are coming up. First of all, I'm in a family plan right now out of like 3 or 4 with all unlimited data and I'm the only one eligible for a upgrade. I know how if I upgrade to the subsidized cost, I will no longer have unlimited data. But will they force me to go to a sharing plan or a single line? What would happen to the plan for everyone else on my line?
http://static.ips.apple.com.edgekey.net/ipa_preauth/content/catalog/en_US/index.html Also is that right? Thanks

mohsy90

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011
New York
So we all know the iPhone 5 pre-orders are coming up. First of all, I'm in a family plan right now out of like 3 or 4 with all unlimited data and I'm the only one eligible for a upgrade. I know how if I upgrade to the subsidized cost, I will no longer have unlimited data. But will they force me to go to a sharing plan or a single line? What would happen to the plan for everyone else on my line?
http://static.ips.apple.com.edgekey.net/ipa_preauth/content/catalog/en_US/index.html Also is that right? Thanks

If you're on a family plan, then you will be required to bring all the phones into the share everything plan. If you're out of contract and dont care for the unlimited data, then just cancel your line and open a new single line for yourself and get the subsidized cost.

fdsadfsadd3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
The link I posted, is that right? $100 for unlimited calling/testing and 2gb data? Why is that so expensive. Wasn't it like $30 for 2 gb? Btw I am most likely gonna go individual lines.

mohsy90

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011
New York
The link I posted, is that right? $100 for unlimited calling/testing and 2gb data? Why is that so expensive. Wasn't it like $30 for 2 gb? Btw I am most likely gonna go individual lines.

Yup, thats verizon for you. All their plans are share everything now, which include unlimited talk and text and data plan that is required for smartphones. It used to be alot cheaper when they would allow you to select a plan based on minutes. Another suggestion, order a Galaxy SIII and sell it. You should be able to get $500+. Then pay the difference to buy an iPhone at full price. You'll end up paying $300 less. If you plan to stick with verizon, no need to let your upgrade go to waste.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.