Verizon iPhone 5 Return & Unlimited Data

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ace198, Oct 20, 2012.

1. ace198 macrumors regular

I bought a Verizon iPhone 5 on October 10th. I had unlimited data but lost it when I upgraded. I was wondering if I could return it and get my unlimited data back? Not saying I'm going to return but I'd like to know.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Not gonna happen.
    Once you switch away from that plan its forever gone and they wont put it back.

3. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

I believe you have 14 days to change your mind and return it, completely undoing the sale.

You may have to pay a restocking fee though.

4. aneftp macrumors 68040

Yeah. But once u take off unlimited its going to be hard to put back on.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That has to do with the device and nothing with the unlimited data plan.
    Once you switch that is gone.

6. Fanboi4life macrumors regular

Fanboi4life

I don't think anyone here really knows. If you're within the 14 day return window, and you make a big enough fuss, I believe anything is possible.

7. phillyphill macrumors 6502

phillyphill

You have a set time to do it. The code for unlimited stays around for a little bit. I think it's a few days. So the reps can add it back if you send the phone back and cancel the upgrade. I lost my unlimited data on my other line when I upgraded using a different line. The rep over the phone swapped the phone to the right line. But made it look like that line upgraded so it lost it. I called and the lady saw what happened and submitted a ticket but they pretty much said nope even though the rep messed up. Called back and the lady told me the code is still there let me see if I can add it back and she did. So don't wait too long.