Verizon iPhone 5 Return & Unlimited Data

ace198

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 8, 2007
I bought a Verizon iPhone 5 on October 10th. I had unlimited data but lost it when I upgraded. I was wondering if I could return it and get my unlimited data back? Not saying I'm going to return but I'd like to know.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68010
Jan 27, 2011
Not gonna happen.
Once you switch away from that plan its forever gone and they wont put it back.
I believe you have 14 days to change your mind and return it, completely undoing the sale.

You may have to pay a restocking fee though.

Comment

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
I believe you have 14 days to change your mind and return it, completely undoing the sale.

You may have to pay a restocking fee though.
Yeah. But once u take off unlimited its going to be hard to put back on.

Comment

Fanboi4life

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
I don't think anyone here really knows. If you're within the 14 day return window, and you make a big enough fuss, I believe anything is possible.

Comment

phillyphill

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2010
lorton
You have a set time to do it. The code for unlimited stays around for a little bit. I think it's a few days. So the reps can add it back if you send the phone back and cancel the upgrade. I lost my unlimited data on my other line when I upgraded using a different line. The rep over the phone swapped the phone to the right line. But made it look like that line upgraded so it lost it. I called and the lady saw what happened and submitted a ticket but they pretty much said nope even though the rep messed up. Called back and the lady told me the code is still there let me see if I can add it back and she did. So don't wait too long.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.