Verizon iPhone 5s users! Anyone else receiving incorrect data alerts?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GoodNewsNobody, Oct 9, 2013.

1. GoodNewsNobody, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013

GoodNewsNobody macrumors newbie

I just received two data alerts from Verizon, both within a six minute span. The first claimed I used 75% of my allotted data (2 gigs), the second came moments later stating I had used 90%. Confused about how in the world that could be true I logged into my Verizon app and it stated I have only used 1.001 gigs.

My 5S is the first phone I have had with LTE so I expected a higher use of data but this seems like there is something wrong on their end. It also seems like an interesting time that this is happening a day before my billing cycle ends. I'm going to call them first thing in the morning tomorrow, but in the mean time I was wondering if anyone else is having these incorrect data alerts. As a precaution I have turned off app refresh and turned wifi on.

2. cnotes2019 Suspended

Have you turned off data?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

3. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

YES!!! I jumped 6 GB in one day. I found out what was doing it. For some reason, when downloading all my music from icloud, even though I was connected to my wifi it was coming through as cellular. To fix it, I went to Settings -> cellular -> and turned off music. Problem solved.

4. GoodNewsNobody thread starter macrumors newbie

The difference is you actually used that amount. Albeit you were unaware that you were using it. I'm being told that I'm using all my data when in fact both the Verizon app and my iPhone show that is not true. Knowing Verizon they would still charge me for their bullspit mistake.

----------

Yes. After I got the 90% alert I turned it off and restarted my phone. I hope it does something but I doubt it.