Verizon Iphone x unlocked at full price and CDMA and GSM ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anonymous4a, Nov 5, 2017.

1. anonymous4a macrumors 6502

Is the verizon version of iphone x unlocked if bought at full price and is it the only one that has CDMA AND GSM ?

The other carrier versions are either CDMA OR GSM ?

2. HDFan macrumors 65816

See the tech specs:

https://www.apple.com/iphone-x/specs/

You need A1865 for Verizon and Sprint CDMA, A1902 for T-Mobile and AT&T

Others will hopefully comment on the locked/unlocked part of your question.

3. PLamarine macrumors 6502

PLamarine

Unlocked. Bought mine direct from Verizon and within minutes I was using my Cricket sim.

I bought the Verizon model specifically because it covers all the bases. GSM and CDMA. I travel to Europe and love the Verizon model's versatility (and resale value).

4. HDFan macrumors 65816

For a couple of years I took the extra effort to get the CDMA/GSM phone. It took extra effort since I was on AT&T or T-Mobile at the time and an unlocked CDMA phone wasn't available at initial launch. I switched to T-Mobile and no longer bother with trying to get a CDMA/GSM phone. On every continent I've tried it the GSM phone works with T-Mobile's free (but slow) data plan, even Antartica (although just voice there). The only country that I remember it didn't work was Vietnam, where I only had a few days of use before the agreement with T-Mobile terminated, but that is the exception.

If you look at the article about CDMA2000 networks there are more that are defunct or being phased out than there are operating ones.

If you are on Sprint or Verizon, of course, you have no choice. Otherwise if you have to choose between the 2 phones it all depends upon the carrier(s) you are going to use.

5. PLamarine macrumors 6502

PLamarine

But why not get the phone that does it all? Never know when you might need it and it has better resale value.