Verizon iPhone5s Inventory?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacKid1983, Oct 16, 2013.

1. MacKid1983 macrumors 6502

MacKid1983

Besides The Apple store, anyone having luck finding a "Gold" Phone at a Verizon Store? Or even a Radio Shack?

Do you go to the store when they open.... what do you do?

2. jassco2 macrumors newbie

I asked about gold just for fun when I went in to get my Grey 32GB at a Verizon store. Everyone behind the counter kind of laughed and he told me my space grey should be shipping on 10/28. This was on 9/30. Verizon stock is extremely low, but I'm sure by November most back orders will be filled and inventory will pop up. Good luck.

Edit: I also was able to ditch my unlimited plan for Verizon Maxx which is the 6GB plan without having to do the Edge program. I was able to get mine at sub pricing since paying full price on Verizon is pointless with the built in cost per month anyway. The plan is the same $30/mo as the unlimited I used to have. They don't push it, so you have to ask about it.

3. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

Giving up unlimited data was about the dumbest thing you could do . I was able to upgrade and keep my unlimited data:D You do know that you could have sold that unlimited line for $600 and kept your number ?

4. goldengopher macrumors newbie

I had a lot of luck through Best Buy (surprisingly). They let you put your name down as a reservation (I didn't have to put any money down) and then they honor those as the phones come in.

I was able to get mine within less than a week of making the reservation (but I was probably the first on the list, mind you).

Worth a shot anyway - you can just cancel if you don't need it. It doesn't take your line upgrade (which it doesn't sound like you're using anyway due to unlimited) in order to make the reservation.

Good luck!

5. MacKid1983 thread starter macrumors 6502

MacKid1983

Why was it a dumb idea to give up UNL? If you use less than 6gb its worth it. I know my bf only uses about 4gb a month. Plus after 2gb its throttles anyhow.

6. xlost6 macrumors 6502

Um. Verizon doesn't get throttled after 2GBs. I don't know where you got this information from. Verizon only throttles a user that has unlimited data and used more than 2GBs if that specific cell tower is congested. If it isn't than the speeds return normal.

7. MacKid1983 thread starter macrumors 6502

MacKid1983

Someone at a verizon store told me. Hmmmm never know who to believe.

8. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

Now go get your unlimited back !!

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

They lied to you:D

10. kapalua12 macrumors 6502

Hmmm...$ 600 ?

I had an ATT plan unlimited data and gave it up to switch my 5S to Verizon so all my devices would be on the same plan.

Can I get that ATT plan back? I did port over my ATT number to Verizon!

11. aneftp macrumors 68040

Verizon LTE speeds are not throttled.

Verizon 3 g/CDMA speeds are throttled during congested times.

----------

Verizon Unlimited LTE is worth much more than ATT unlimited data.