Verizon lets you suspend your service w/out billing... Anyway to do this w/ Att???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ap3604, Jul 9, 2011.

1. ap3604 macrumors 68000

I sometimes travel abroad and want to be able to suspend my Att service for the time I am outside the U.S.

Verizon lets you do this for up to 6 months per calendar year for absolutely no fee or explanation required... Is there anyway to do this on Att as well?

Mainly hoping there is someone out there that has done this and can tell me any fee's etc.
    Thanks for the help :)

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Well unlike Verizon, AT&T can work outside the US so no need to suspend service. Just kidding.

Wait, you can suspend your service on Verizon and not pay?
    I know AT&T does service suspension (done it many times) but I can't remember if I was billed for it or not. In fact they might have a special rate for service suspension ($10?) + the price of the added features you have ... but again, I'm not too sure. Perhaps someone could clarify.

3. pyro008 macrumors 6502

So if you signed a 2 year contract does suspending it mean you are actually bound for 2 years + the length of time suspended?

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

611 from your iPhone for AT&T customer service. You'll probably have to talk to them to do it anyway. ;)

5. nitemare macrumors regular

you can put your phone in standby on AT&T by calling them and telling them you are going out of the country for x number of months with no fee. ive done it a few times. i know they do that for military delpoyments. only thing is if you have a family plan it will suspend all the phones on the plan not just one number. if its seperate plans on one account u can suspend certain numbers and not the others