Verizon "loophole"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by amac14, Sep 21, 2013.

1. amac14 macrumors newbie

I'm not sure if anyone else has encountered this but yesterday I stopped by a Verizon Wireless store in Livermore Ca after work in hopes of picking up a 5s. I lucked out and they still had 32gigs in space grey and it was after 5pm when I arrived. I told the sales associate I wanted to use an upgrade from a secondary line on my account and I was told they can no longer do so in store. After a little back and forth and brainstorming I went ahead and upgraded the secondary line, which I had a basic phone on, and placed the sim card from my 5 in the 5s. Once I checked my account online, it showed I had a 5s on both my primary line and my secondary line, which in actuality I did not. I was able to simply place the basic phone back on the secondary line and revert the plan back to the way it was with the basic phone all online on My Verizon. So in case anyone runs into a sales associate saying the cross-upgrade cannot be done, you can in fact do yourself through my Verizon. Again, i'm not sure if this has been mentioned but if it hasn't I hope it was helpful.

2. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

Well duh. All an alternate upgrade is doing is directly placing the esn on the other account as opposed to activating first on the main account and then switching it over. Just cuts a step out.