Verizon LTE Data Plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by paulie6978, Sep 14, 2012.

1. paulie6978 macrumors 6502a

paulie6978

Does LTE eat up alot of data?

im on unlimited now with Sprint but was thinking about going to Verizon

I used my phone to surf the net, download apps, play games, check email etc.... alot of times at home im using WIFI

which GB plan would be sufficient.....

right now im up to about 600 mb on sprint and im half way through my billing period

any info would help!

2. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I do not think it eats up more data, it is just faster so it allows you to do more things, so in turn that eats up more data.

3. paulie6978 thread starter macrumors 6502a

paulie6978

which plan do you think would be sufficient ?

4. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

5. paulie6978 thread starter macrumors 6502a

paulie6978

6. gildog macrumors newbie

gildog

Plans

I moved from ATT and now Im on a Verizon Shared PLan but i dont reach 2GB. I would go with the 2GB plan and you can always change to see if you need more.

7. jkeekij macrumors regular

With that amount used at over half through the billing period you should be OK with 2 gig. Is this the only device you will have on the plan that is using data? I have 9 devices on my plan, 7 of which use data and I am on the 8gb plan and don't ever hit the max.

It all depends on your real world uses, but I can tell you that the kids stream Netflix often on the iPad's.

8. livspop macrumors regular

To me, it boils down to this: What WOULD you do if you had a really good data connection on your phone and you don't have wifi available. For instance, I love streaming MLB.com on my phone, but my 3G connection is about worthless, so I don't even bother. I love using my Slingbox, but on 3G it's about worthless, so I don't.

With 4G LTE, speeds will easily support both of those things, so I know I will use them more. I usually use less than 2GB of data per month, but in anticipation of being able to do more with LTE, I bumped it up to 4GB. If I get close to that, I'll jump to 6GB. It's sort of going to be a work in progress.

However, if you will do no more than you do now even with a better connection, you should be fine staying where you are. Hope that all makes sense...

9. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

10. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

I went from about 500mb per month on 3g to about 25gb per month on LTE lol

11. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

That GB of 3g will last longer than that GB of LTE:eek:

LTE will load faster allowing you to browse more in a certain timespan.

12. Idefix macrumors 6502

If you're switching from Sprint, the big question is why you're going to VZ? Is CDMA better than GSM in your area?

Because with LTE, you're more likely to want to check data while you're on the phone--which absolutely can't be done with VZ or Sprint. You're either on the phone or on data, but not both (except if you're on wifi, where the data can go over wifi.)

13. paulie6978 thread starter macrumors 6502a

paulie6978

Sprit here in the philly metro is terrible. Their LTE won't roll out for a few months and it would be cheaper to cancel and switch instead of paying 750 with sprint

Is Verizon reliable on calls?

Nothing but drops etc with sprint