Verizon LTE vs 3G reception

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by johnothy, Sep 25, 2012.

1. johnothy macrumors regular

johnothy

After having some battery issues, I decided today to turn 4G LTE off on my Verizon iPhone 5 to see if things improved (which they really didn't). However, when its off, it is more often on 2G (circle logo) than on 3G. I compared it with the signal on my old iPhone 4 and it would show 3G while the iPhone 5 would show 2G. Why would this be? Does the new iPhone have a poor 3G antenna?

Another thing I don't get is that texting with 4G LTE off, has been so slow. The sending scroll can just stall and take up to 1-3 minutes before a text will send OR it tells me the message failed to send so I push Try Again two or three times only to have someone tell me they received my message three times--so it tells me it fails but yet they did get it. But texts go through the cellular reception not 3G or 4G LTE because data can be off completely and you can still call out and text. I don't get why my texting issues depend on whether 4G is enabled or off...any thoughts?

I've also noticed with web browsing on 3G at times the page will just stall and take awhile loading or never load at all. On 4G, its really fast.

2. Philly10 macrumors newbie

Having the same issues with verizon. Lte never comes in I'm usually at 3G and half the time, pages stall, take forever, or don't load at all. I called verizon to complain and they opened up a ticket number to investigate the problem

3. johnothy thread starter macrumors regular

johnothy

Let me know what happens with that if you would. I may be calling in too at this rate, but wanted to hear if others were having similar issues.

4. TxMacAddict macrumors 6502

Haven't picked up 4G once with my Verizon iPhone 5. 4G is one of the main reasons I justified the upgrade. WTF