Verizon mentions iphone 3 times on a why did you leave us survey

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djrobsd, Dec 10, 2009.

1. djrobsd macrumors 6502a

I tried the droid for a couple weeks and returned it because I love my iphone too much. :D:D:D

I just got a survey in my email from Verizon. They had several questions, one of them was

"Why did you leave Verizon" and one of the many choices was "Wanted an iPhone"..

Another question was

"If Verizon could do one thing to get your business back what would it be?"
    and the choices ... again "Get iPhone"

There was another question which has iphone as a response but I forget what it was. I find it funny they have adapted as a business to collect this data from their customers. Good for them, hopefully they are getting a lot of people like me responding the same way so they will know how much of a priority it is to negotiate with Apple to get the iphone on their service!!!

2. thetexan macrumors 6502a

So? They just want an idea of how many people terminate service for the iPhone. Knowledge is power, can't blame them for that.

3. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

It'd be interesting to know if other phones are listed... such as:

Did you leave for a...

A. Blackberry (different carrier)

B. iPhone

C. Palm (pre)

D. HTC Hero

If the iPhone is thrown in there alone, it is interesting due to them trying to disprove its credibility in nearly every commercial. If it "doesn't do and droid does", why even mention it?

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. I think it is a smart move on Verizon's part.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It's good to know stats like that to big corps.
    Can't act like the iPhone threat doesn't exist even though they act like it with their commercials.

6. jbro1999 macrumors regular

I did the same thing when I left Verizon. And I LOVED verizon... But I actually don't have one complaint about AT&T. 6 Months and no problems and always have 3g.

7. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Hopefully if they find the loss of customers to the iPhone is significant, Verizon will negotiate a better deal with Apple to get the device (e.g. less provider control).

8. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

I dint think the op was blaming them, just saying it's interesting they are so focused on the iPhone as a threat.