Verizon moved up my upgrade date by 8 months.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by noodlelegs, Nov 12, 2011.

1. noodlelegs macrumors member

Verizon Wireless users - you just may be able to get the iPhone 4S for $199 sooner than you think. One of the lines on my account just went to UPGRADE ELIGIBLE 8 months early (on the 1 year anniversary of the line opening). Check your accounts. This obviously doesn't apply to Verizon iPhone 4 users (who would have purchased their phones earlier this year).

2. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

unless those verizon iphone 4 users paid retail price, which i did.

im pretty sure verizon gives an upgrade to the main line on a family plan after a year. if you wait another 8 months you get an addition $50 off or something like that

3. Ivabign macrumors 6502

Ivabign

Wow... what's up with that?

I have a iPhone4 - but took it from another line's upgrade - my upgrade was next July....

You are right - it was a year!.... last October I got a Samsung Omnia II (awful phone)

what should I get?

I love my 4 - interesting

4. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

This was Verizon's Annual Upgrade Program. It was discontinued in January of 2011. However, prior to that, if you were the primary line on the account, you would be eligible to upgrade at the discounted price once per year. Which means, through this coming January, people will still see this option. Anyone purchasing the phone after the cutoff date in 1/2011 will no longer have the Annual Upgrade available to them. They also killed off New Every Two.

5. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

Yup it was announced just before the iPhone release and people were mad about it, good luck in choosing phones guys or wait for the iPhone 6