Verizon nano SIM in iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BBradac9, Oct 27, 2012.

1. BBradac9 macrumors newbie

Has anyone tried with success to put the Verizon iPhone 5 nano SIM, using an adaptor back in the iPhone 4S?

Was wondering if I could switch phones when traveling abroad or when out on the town, with less fear of losing an iPhone 4S.

2. Raunien macrumors 6502

3. BBradac9 thread starter macrumors newbie

Can't get a straight answer from Verizon. Heard there is a problem with going from a 4G device (iphone 5) to 3G device (iphone 4s)? Just want to make sure I'm not going to trash my sim card by trying the 4S.

4. as0016 macrumors regular

Wont work, the 3g cdma iphones need to be activated using *228 each time you need to activate. this will then deactivate your 4g sim, because the system will switch you back to a 3g phone. it'll force you to get a new sim card when you want to go back to the iphone 5.

the sim card in the 4s does not do the same thing it does in the 4g LTE phones (which allows you to switch phones just like gsm sim cards) its just an international roaming sim.

5. BBradac9 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. dave420 macrumors 65816

I am not very familiar with Verizon, but I just read here that you may not need a new sim card when switching back to the iPhone 5. You should be able to switch back and use your old sim card on the 5 after activating the 4S. The 4G sim cards used to expire after two weeks, but now you can resume using it for up to a year.
    I have no personal experience doing that, but that us what I read.