Verizon new customer pre-order and port from sprint questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mookgiants, Sep 14, 2013.

1. mookgiants macrumors member

I submitted a pre-order for 2 iPhone 5c's porting from Sprint right as the pre-orders opened up on friday.

I am a new customer coming from sprint. However I have two more lines I want to port over to verizon and get iphone 5s phones on them, so i can't get them until friday.

The rep in verizon store told me to pre-order the 5c's, and i should get an account number and what not this week before the 20th so I can come in on the 20th first thing in the morning and add the 5s phones that i buy in store to the new account.

Problem is, the person I spoke with on the phone today told me I will not get any new account information until AFTER I get the 5c's and activate them.

So I got conflicting information, if the latter one is true I will have to wait until the 5c's come in the mail and activate them to go up and get the 5s', and by that time they could be sold out.

Does anyone have any experience pre-ordering iphones for a new account on verizon and when you get your account information sent to you?

2. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

3. mookgiants thread starter macrumors member

I DID call Verizon, no need to call sprint. Verizon gave me 2 different answers

4. BookerDW macrumors member

Well you'll get 200 different answers here. Call them again.