Verizon or apple

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tmurray315, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Tmurray315 macrumors regular

Does it matter where you pre order the iPhone apple or Verizon?? Is there a difference I think you are getting the same phone any perks of pre ordering from them

2. M87 macrumors 65816

3. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Verizon is better.

If you have an activation issue the carrier can help you in minutes.

Apple cannot.

For laptops & everything else I use Apple always.

4. darster Suspended

Ordered from Apple on the 15th, delivery October 10-16th. Ordered from Verizon today, delivery October 5th. Cancelled Apple order.

5. wellok macrumors 6502

If you have an activation issue you can still call your own carrier after ordering from Apple...

6. taedouni macrumors 65816

Honestly at this point you're better off going to a Verizon store on the 21st at 8am that is located in an area that is not too populated.

On the 14th when they were taking preorders, it was better to preorder from Verizon simply because it was easier to chose plans and you could transfer upgrades. Also less people were going to Verizon's online website so the website was working just fine.

Most people avoid Carriers to go directly to Apple. If this was in January then I would advise you to go to Apple but since your number 1 priority is to get the phone then I would advise you to go to a Verizon store.

7. darster Suspended

One big difference is with apple you have a 30 day return window. Usually with carriers it is 14 days.

8. Tmurray315 thread starter macrumors regular

Is that the only difference I pre ordered from Verizon can I call apple after I get the phone to add AppleCare??