Carrier Verizon or TMobile - full price buy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kriska, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Kriska macrumors newbie

Hi all,

This might be answered already somewhere but I just want to be sure that I’m gonna be doing this the right way.

I’m a Verizon customer, not eligible for a upgrade, I currently have a mint condition 4S but want to get a 5S now  How should I approach this?

When looking at Apple.com I can pick up a Verizon 5S pretty close to where I live but is that the right way to do it? Should I go for a off contract Tmobile version? If I go with the TMobile phone how do I get my phone number transferred to a simcard? Just walk into a Verizon store and get a sim?

Additional question. I would like to trade in my current 4S for credit towards the new 5S. How do I approach this?

2. Chatter macrumors 6502a

Sell your 4S on CL (or other sites) for about $250-$300. Then buy the phone outright for full price and finish out the remainder of your contract. No need to renew as you pay full price. Once that is done, then decide what carrier you want.

3. Curun macrumors 6502

Curun

The TMobile version of the 5S, to my knowledge, does not support CDMA.

You need a Verizon iPhone 5S to continue using their service.

4. Kriska thread starter macrumors newbie

But I read somewhere that Verizon now offer SIM card for their IP5S?

So the best would be to buy a full price Verizon?

5. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

The AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile are all the same model. All support GSM and CDMA. But Verizon will not activate an iPhone purchased for another carrier on it's network. Buy the full priced Verizon version.

6. KPOM macrumors G5

Yes, but it still needs a CDMA radio for voice. They aren't activated on the T-Mobile phone. The short answer is that AT&T and T-Mobile users can use the Verizon iPhone, but Verizon users can't use AT&T or T-Mobile phones on Verizon's network.

7. Kriska, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2013

Kriska thread starter macrumors newbie

Great. Thank you all. I know what I should be looking at now

Let me add a question. Will I be able to buy the Verizon full price phone from Apple.com for store pick up? I don't see that option