Verizon People:how have you been able to get upgraded from 2GBdata for the same $30?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JMC08, Nov 16, 2011.

1. JMC08 macrumors regular

If you have been able to do so, please let us all know how you managed to do it. I am very frustrated that they are giving away two extra GBs of data to all 4G phones, but they are choosing to ignore their iPhone customers.

If you want this to change and to get 2 extra GBs of data per month (over the LIFETIME of your contract), be proactive and call the Verizon Execs. Tell them you think it's ridiculous that you are being left out of this promotion:

877-282-0788

Send emails to all the tech blogs and post about your disappointment here and at other Mac forums. We have to get stories out there about our dissatisfaction in order for Verizon to make a change.

2. beret9987 macrumors regular

Makes sense to me on some level, iPhone users are hitting their 3G network hard, they're hoping this promo will lure people to their pretty expansive, less congested 4G network.

3. NoHo macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

And people thought just cause they don't use 2GB now that they wouldn't in the future.

I don't know why people didnt make a bigger deal about getting rid of unlimited.

4. toasty hoodie macrumors 6502

toasty hoodie

I'm lucky that I actually have unlimited data on my iPhone.

5. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

I was on T-Mobile for 2 years and by the time I wanted to get back to Verizon, the data plans had been tiered. I was lucky enough to get on my company plan and I now have unlimited data! I didn't know until they signed me up I would get the unlimited.. I spent a week trying to decide what tier to go to lol

6. BiggAW macrumors 68020

Get a DROID RAZR. I love my iPhone on AT&T, but to be perfectly honest, if I was on Verizon, there's no way I would have one. I'd be rocking a DROID something. If you want an iPhone and you're stuck on Verizon, then one of the tradeoffs is slow and limited data.

7. JMC08 thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Thanks, this is totally relevant to my thread.

8. bls8195 macrumors newbie

I have a Verizon Iphone and thing the network is pretty quick, I left AT&T network with the iphone and actually happy I did, I get much better service in places I never got it with when I had AT&T

9. radicalDESIGNZ macrumors member

10. BiggAW macrumors 68020

I really hope that no one gets this. This is a promotion to promote 4G devices. The iPhone doesn't have 4G. If you want it, get a 4G device. If you want an iPhone, don't pork data and you'll be fine. Or switch to AT&T and use the loophole to get unlimited. Or cheaper data.

11. Angryipadguy macrumors regular

I purchased my iPhone the day before the offer started. The first sales guy who ordered my phone told me I would get an extra 2gb when I activated the phone. I couldn't find no info for this online so I called the Verizon customer service and the woman said yes I can add another 2gb to my plan if I call when I get my phone activated and I double checked and got her to verify this offer would be good for iPhone and not just 4g phones and she said yes but they was not advertising it this way because the iPhone was selling so well without help. Well I goto the store to activate my phone and the sales guy who helped me was not there but another guy was helping me. He reminded me to call the Verizon customer service number and get my extra 2gb data allowance upgrade. By then they had paper work on the deal and he said that even though it says 4g only the new 4s is included in this offer. He called him self to verify and they said yes it is. Well I get home a few mins later and call them and the *******s tell me that no it does not include the iPhone 4s :mad::mad: I flipped out as I just cancelled my unlimited everything plan for $30 with ntelos for this offer as I was told by 4 Verizon staff that I could. I would cancel my contract but I can't get my old deal back now. It seems a few people had this issue as by the sounds of it many people had called and said they were told this also when they was picking out phones. It's as dishonest as it comes.

12. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Nothing dishonest about it, the deal says 4G phones only and they stuck to it.

What you encountered was a couple of idiot employees, that's an entirely different issue.

13. SilentLoner macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

in practice its not that different I have found.

14. toasty hoodie macrumors 6502

toasty hoodie

I'm on Verizon BTW

15. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Lol. This thread became a free speech zone :p

16. bad03xtreme macrumors 6502a

bad03xtreme

is the 4GB for the length of the contract or for just a few months? :confused:

17. Stein357 macrumors 6502

The 4GB data is for the length of the contract. Verizon is supposedly doing this for us iPhone owners to get 3G less congested.

18. white4s Suspended

as they say im grandfathered unlimited. been with verizon for 10 years and unlimtied for at least 5

19. JMC08 thread starter macrumors regular

Call the execs and tell them this isn't right. The number is in my original post. The more people who call, the better.

20. BiggAW macrumors 68020

What's not that different? The speed? It depends on the area. Verizon is consistently mediocre in data speed, AT&T range from mediocre to blazingly fast. Verizon's LTE is blazingly fast times 10. I wonder how many people have LTE hotspots that they are using with an iPhone haha? Some of the AT&T haters were using EVDO hotspots back when AT&T had an exclusive on the iPhone...