Verizon price drop on 4s when the 5 comes out

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AnnaCody, Aug 6, 2012.

1. AnnaCody macrumors regular

AnnaCody

Does anyone know if the 4s will drop in price on the Verizon upgrade options? It's currently $150. And how much do they usually drop the price and how soon after a new version is released?

I'm just wondering if it's worth waiting for....but I don't think I can wait much longer for my first iPhone :D

And we have a tax free weekend coming up so I'd like to take advantage of that.

Thanks!!

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

3. AnnaCody thread starter macrumors regular

AnnaCody

I'm curious how you find out things like that. I just recently found out there's been 2 major upgrades on my MacBook Pro since I bought it in 2010. What does a person have to read to know things like that? I've been diligent about the software updates and thought that was enough.

I'm coming from a Windows mentality of doing the XP SP1 and 2 but not in just 2 short years IIRC. And those were free.....I know....20 bucks isn't much but still.....not to mention having to deal with changes that IMO aren't necessary.

Now don't get me wrong I LOVE Apple and would NEVER go back to MS.....I'm just trying to understand Apple's way of doing things a bit better.

The 4 is now $50 on the Verizon upgrade options. So the 4s won't drop that much?

4. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

You have come to the right place to find out information on what Apple is up to. Look at the buyers guide (link at the top) for hardware information.

Browse the various sections of the site to find out software information. :)

5. AnnaCody thread starter macrumors regular

AnnaCody

Thank you.....I will definitely put that on my daily reading list. Browsing I don't have time for but will try to hit the highlights when I can.

6. batting1000 macrumors 604

The 4 was originally 99 when the 4S came out. It's just common sense and prior knowledge that Apple wouldn't lower a still high-end phone to less than 100 bucks. It's usually the carriers who will lower it past 99 but not for awhile.

7. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

"It's currently $150" from where?

VZW.com has it listed for $199 still. I know Sprint dropped their price to $150, but unless you're banking on your "New Every Two" upgrade or something else that you didn't mention, it's $200 right now (and iPhone 4 is $100).

8. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

4S 16/32/64GB options will more than likely drop once the new iphone is announced to clear out the stock. Given the past, only 8GB 4S will be offered in the future.

9. Xerotech macrumors 6502

Unlike MS, they're upgrades are always cheap. You can stack 10 upgrades and still be half of what you're paying to MS.

10. AnnaCody thread starter macrumors regular

AnnaCody

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AnnaCody View Post
    Does anyone know if the 4s will drop in price on the Verizon upgrade options? It's currently $150. And how much do they usually drop the price and how soon after a new version is released?

willmtaylor