Verizon Return Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thekjs88, Oct 3, 2012.

1. thekjs88 macrumors member

I ordered an iPhone 5 through the Verizon online store and got it on launch day. I want to exchange/return my phone for a white one, but my 14 days will be up on the 6th. Is the following possible, given that I ordered it through Verizon online:

I go to VZW or the Apple Retail store and return the phone tomorrow, then go online and order the phone from Apple for pickup at the Apple store on the next day they get shipments.

Thanks for your help!

2. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

If you opened it vzw is going to hit you with a restock fee. I never buy from vzw for this reason

3. thekjs88 thread starter macrumors member

I did open it. I would be happy to pay the fee if they let me return it and then was able to order it through Apple online for pickup (hopefully!!) the next day.

----------

Also would like to add that I've had a few heated convos with Verizon reps. I just switched to Verizon so I don't have a phone I can switch back to while I wait for the phone, which is why I'm wondering if this scenario will work.

4. pure3d2 macrumors 6502

I remember the Verizon sales rep telling me that I'm entitled to one exchange when I bought mine.

5. troy14 macrumors 6502a

I think you are, but the chances of Verizon having them to exchange is the issue I think. The 14 days will be up before the phone comes in... i'm kind of in the same boat

6. diegoesk macrumors regular

The only thing im thinking is that since you dont have a phone to switch to, all your text messages and calls will continue to go to that phone.

7. pure3d2 macrumors 6502

If you take the SIM card out, it won't have service, not even 3G.

8. thekjs88 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies! I'm okay with being without a phone for a few days, but I don't want to be without one for weeks.

So I'm correct in saying I can return my phone tomorrow and then rebuy it via Apple Retail Store pickup?

9. pure3d2 macrumors 6502

You should be able to swap one time at the Verizon store without paying a penalty.

10. bogatyr macrumors 65816

Went through the same thing. You have to return it to a VZW store. I was not charged a restock fee (didn't ask why since I didn't want to jinx it).

But I already bought the replacement from apple store I had no downtime. If you don't have a replacement ready, texts missed will be waiting when you get the new phone (just don't leave the sim in the returned phone to avoid it being turned on by someone and downloading your texts).

11. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I don't see why that would be an issue except for that fact that iPhones 5 are out of stock just about everywhere and don't ship for 3-4 weeks according to Apple.com

12. diegoesk macrumors regular

anyone knows how long VZW take to credit one's credit/bank account?

I made a return on thursday but the return isn't showing up on my credit card account yet (Not even a pending transaction)...