Verizon Sent Me an iPhone 4S Today

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by slow, Sep 18, 2012.

1. slow macrumors newbie

I was one of the suckers that thought his iPhone 5 would be delivered today, but got a 4S instead. I ordered over the phone on 9/14 at 7:00am CST (when the call center opened) to make sure I kept my unlimited data plan and paid full price. The CSR kept the data plan correct, but ended up entering the order for a black 4S 64gb. I also ordered a white iPhone 5 at the same time, which was entered correctly. I didn't realize the order was screwed up until I got the 4S today -- the white iPhone 5 should be here on Friday.

After talking with a supervisor at Verizon for a while, we came to the conclusion that the best thing to do was to just order the phone now with a delivery date of 10/5. He was nice enough to give me a $150 credit, but that doesn't put the phone in my hands on Friday.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get one sooner? He checked with local stores, but they won't be carrying the 64gb version in stock.

Regardless, thanks for reading my rant.

2. brayhite macrumors 6502a

Pay someone $100 to give you their place in line for walk-ins. Still coming out $50 ahead in your Verizon credit.

3. 617aircav Suspended

Line up.

4. slow thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, that was the plan, but it sounds like stores in my area aren't carrying the 64gb at launch. Is it worth it to check out Best Buy?

5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

$100? Big spender....

6. brayhite macrumors 6502a

My experience with Best Buy during the iPad 2 launch was abysmal. May have been isolated to my local store and its carelessness, but I'm 90% certain they weren't even keeping a "list" of people aside from what you wrote your name on when you came in. Otherwise, iPads were being sold to friends/families of employees first regardless of list order and you had to hope you were there when they happened to be delivered.

The only reason I even got an iPad at all from BB was because I called when someone happened to return their iPad and it was the model I wanted. Otherwise, I would probably had been iPad-less for another few weeks.

7. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

I'd be super pissed. I'd ask to keep the 4s and get a 5. not fair to them, but just sayin.

8. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

LOL! Thats what I was thinking!

----------

It was a mistake!

That does not deserve an "entitlement"!:mad:

9. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

yeah, I know, but this is 'merica: land of the whiny, home of the gimmie.

----------

No, I think a $150 credit more than suffices.

Heck, I would be ticked but I'd be less than ticked for $150

(by the way, the credit just goes to show you how much $$ Verizon must be making. To be able to give away $150 for a mis-click on the part of the CSR)

10. Sputnek macrumors regular

Same thing happened to me, and best buy discounted the returned item even though it was only out of the shop for less than a day by $50.00.

11. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

I ordered mine yesterday at Radio Shack because I didn't want to wait until Oct 5 for my Apple and AT&T orders.They said yesterday was the last day to preorder but at closing time,they had not sold their allotment of 12.Neither had 2 other stores in my area.And all you naysayers re:RS,keep it to yourself.Different ordering system this year and I'll have mine as early as 9am Friday if I decide to wake up that early.

12. NewAnger macrumors 6502a

For the iPhone 4 two years ago, someone was offering $100 then $150 to take their place in line and not one person took the offer. Better offer more money.

13. shannonbrooke macrumors member

I preordered the iPhone 5 at Best Buy and the guy told me they probably wouldn't have any 64GB versions for a while because not enough people order them, but ya never know. I'd line up super early at the Apple store. Good luck!

14. NewAnger macrumors 6502a

It is very hard to find 64GBs at BB. Last year, I didn't get my 4S until January due to BB not having any and then, I had to drive an hour to a BB that did have some. I refuse to buy anything Apple at an Apple store anymore because of the length of time you need to spend there just waiting even after having a reservation.

I'm in no hurry to get an iPhone 5, if I have to wait till January, so be it. My AT&T upgrade will still be waiting.

15. mzd macrumors 6502a

you could try Best Buy.
    i know people have had mixed experiences pre-ordering from them in the past, but they say there is a better system in place this year.
    i placed a pre-order for a 64GB 5 on Sunday.
    basically, they don't know how much stock they will get in, so they can't guarantee you a phone on Friday, but they will print out the pre-orders and assign them to the phones in the order they were placed. provided they get enough phones to get to your place in line, you will get a notification to come pick it up on Friday. you can avoid waiting in line at least. your chances are better going with the 64GB since they are far less popular than 16 or 32.
    good luck.

----------

64GB?? i tried this at my area RS and they won't do any pre-orders for the 64GB. otherwise RS would be a good option as well.

16. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

My RS order was a black 16g.

17. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

The correct value of the infraction is the upmarked price based on craigslist data after the phone makes it to the public. (ie $650 selling for $800 on craigslist) - $150 seems like it will be about right based on past experiences, but we'll know on Friday.

18. jcliden macrumors member

hahahahahahha! love it :D

19. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

The apple store is most likely to carry the 64 GB model.