Verizon Share Everything Plan Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mactumors, Oct 11, 2013.

1. mactumors macrumors 6502

If you're on a share everything plan, can you change your data plan tier at the end of every month and backdate it? For example, if you're on a 2GB plan and you use less than 1GB this month. Can you, the day your billing cycle ends, go online and change the plan to 1GB for that month? Does anyone do this at the end of every month?

2. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

I think that the correct name for the plan is the Con-Everybody plan

3. D3TSURA macrumors member

No one does that because I think if you switch data plans during the month you still pay a portion of each plan based on the amount of time you were on each plan so if you did change it on the last day you would see pretty much no change in the amount you pay.

4. goldengopher macrumors newbie

I have had success with doing this. However, the only way it works (I have found) is if you have your plan going into the month lower than what you anticipate using.

For example, our lines use a total of 2-3 GB a month. We always start every month on the 2GB plan, and then on the last or second-to-last day of the month, I check to see if we need to bump up to the 4GB plan in order to avoid overage charges. If we do, it's a matter of simply calling Verizon and asking them to change the plan and backdate that change to the start of the Billing Cycle.

You don't pay any more this way than you would if you had been at 4GB from the start, and Verizon has always been very accommodating in me doing it.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

5. Dascoyne macrumors 6502

So you start every month with the 2 gig plan?

that means, if you change your plan before the end of the billing cycle and have them backdate the change, at some point you need to revert your plan back to the 2 gig plan, right? When do you do that?

6. goldengopher macrumors newbie

There have been very few months that I end up actually needing to bump up our data. As I recall, the last time I did it I just asked in the same phone call that I start the next month at 2GB. I may be wrong or not remembering correctly, but I believe that was the case.

7. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

Keep in mind you can always switch to the old nationwide family plans if share everything is not ideal for you.

8. tremlock macrumors 6502a

tremlock

9. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Yes, you can backdate evey month on the last day of your billing cycle and in the same phone call, you can ask the rep to future date a price plan change back to 2GB or whatever plan you wish. Never change your plan in the middle if a billing cycle. You will be prorated and your next bill will be much higher.

10. goldengopher macrumors newbie

To clarify, it has been my (extremely limited) experience that you can backdate your plan without a problem at any point during the month (not just the last day). You just want to make sure you don't change your plan without backdating at any time during the month.

I'm sure that's what you were saying, just wanted to make it more clear.