Verizon Share Everything Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jimbo47, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Jimbo47 macrumors 6502a

I'm looking into switching everybody on my account to the share everything plan. It has unlimited minutes, unlimited texting, and 4GB of data on the default plan. My question is regarding the unlimited texting. Right now I have unlimited texting + 500 texts to non Verizon users. Is the unlimited texting in the share everything plan truly unlimited, to any carrier? Or is it only unlimited to Verizon customers? Verizon has no fine print anywhere or disclaimer to suggest otherwise. Does anybody with this plan know for sure?

2. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Wouldn't it just be easier to call Verizon and ask them?

3. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Sure they do. You just need to click on the "See what else is included >" link that leads to:
    http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/overlays/share-everything-allincluded.html

4. SC54HI macrumors member

SC54HI

We switched to Share Everything + 4 GB. Texting is unlimited, no matter what carrier & unlimited includes SMS texts to/from Canada, which mattered to us.

5. Jimbo47 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you. The total price of the share everything compared to what I am paying now is much lower. The unlimited texting was a must for me (I have an iPhone so I can use iMessage, but not everybody has an iPhone or Verizon).

6. SC54HI macrumors member

SC54HI

Just be aware that iMessages will come out of your data bucket unless you're able to use wifi whereas SMS texts do not use data.

7. c0LdFire macrumors regular

While true, iMessage uses a very very small amount of data. After all, literally all it is doing is sending maybe 1kb worth of text along with a 1-2 bit delivery notification 'ping'. Even for a very heavy user that'll work out to a couple of megs per month.