Verizon Store Stock Of 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MikeeV9, Sep 18, 2013.

1. MikeeV9 macrumors member

Called my local corporate Verizon store to ask about Friday. The gentleman stated they have more than 4 dozen 5S's, but he wasn't allowed to tell me exactly how many.

I asked him which color and size they have and he said he wasn't sure and that they were uncasing them tonight.

He also said they had no problem selling to me at full retail...He looked at my data usage last month (25 gbs) and just chuckled.

Ah!!! I'm on the fence about ordering online at 3am or just going in at 7:30. He was confident they'll have easily enough to last through the morning rush.

What do I do? Ordering at 3am and just cancel at 8am if I pick it up at the store?

2. hisboyelroy macrumors member

hisboyelroy

Well, that is good news if 1) it is true that they actually got that many iPhones in stock and 2) they will not hassle you about buying it subsidized to get you off your unlimited data plan (I'm assuming you are on the unlimited data plan with that type of usage).

I would be wary of the comment about how sure he is about the the store having "easily enough to last through the morning rush." I guess he would have to somehow know what the demand will be to assess that, which seems to be somewhat of an unknown at this point.

I can share that when I did this exact thing last year for the iPhone 5, after waiting from 4:00 a.m. at the corporate Verizon store by my house, I was about 13th in line and was the absolute last person to get the 5 before they ran out, which was about at 8:30 a.m. The line was well to 50 people by then too. I have no idea how many iPhone 5's they got.

As to your question about whether to buy online or go in to the store, I would suggest you go into the store if you can stand getting there early, waiting in line, and looking like a fan boy. I suspect that the online orders may be delayed.

3. djn4eva macrumors regular

I went into a small verizon reseller store today and I was told I would have to get there as early as possible to get my name on the list for one. Is this usually how it is done? This will be my first time buying an iPhone on launch day.

4. djyoungcity macrumors newbie

I was going to call my local Verizon store today just to verify they had stock. Me and 2 other friends are planning a 4-5am line-up. This is in Cary, NC.

I am looking for a Space Grey 64gb, the other 2 are looking for gold 32gb

5. tx26257 macrumors member

Has any one been able to verify anything other then space gray at Verizon store day off release

6. Jake0604 macrumors regular

I will be going to my local verizon store friday, looking to get 32GB Space Gray model. I hope they have it.

7. turtlebud macrumors 6502a

thanks for the insight. based on your experience, the best course of action seems to be to try and order online. seems like the 5s is more constrained quantity. plus, no pre-orders for the 5s is going to make for some insanity on launch day.

8. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

If the Apple Store has no clue how many they will get until Thursday night, how on earth does any other store know? I'm skeptical.

9. MikeeV9 thread starter macrumors member

Just called that same Verizon store to find out what they uncased last night and the same gentleman was off today. I couldn't get a peep out of them about stock for tomorrow and they really didn't make me feel confident about getting my hands on one tomorrow.

Called another nearby corporate store and they said exactly the same thing.

Crap!