Verizon - Switching my 4s phone number to iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TxMacAddict, Sep 23, 2012.

1. TxMacAddict macrumors 6502

Am I the only one having a difficult time making this happen? Reps keep talking about needing to wait 24 hours for something. I called back after 24 hours and rep says no you need to wait 24 hours with the phone deactivated. I'm sure tomorrow I will call and get a third story. So does anybody have an idea whats going on over there at Verizon? :(

2. climber20 macrumors member

I had this exact same frustrating problem. After waiting 24 hours since the phone and sim were deactivated, I went on the Verizon website and was finally able to activate the phone on my own line with the unlimited data plan. Once it's activated, go under settings and reset network settings. Everything should be good after that.

3. CheesyTators macrumors member

I had to wait 24 hours for the SIM to "age" as they called it, and upon calling back today after 24 hours they had no issues activating my iphone on the proper line. During this time the phone was deactivated and would work on wifi only, luckily I have another phone I could use. I was also switching it to another line on my account.