[Verizon] This is Getting Annoying

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zachnelson, Sep 21, 2012.

1. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

Anybody having this circle/no data problem?

Attached Files:

2. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

LTE speeds for me, not having any problems so far!

3. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

4. darster Suspended

Have your tried powering off phone, removing sim, power on let it say no sim, power off, put sim back in and give it another try.

5. Codepiink macrumors regular

i see that everyday of my life. I have to use wi-fi. Hopefully when this sim issue gets fixed i can actually use my 5 and see if LTE works for me.

6. darster Suspended

I don't think it's the network. People with other 4G phones are not experiencing any 4G issues. If your phone is activated, it should work. That lack of 3G/4G symbol is usually an issue with the sim card.

7. zachnelson thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's not just the network, 3G isn't working for me at all either. My 4S is right next to me and its 3G is superb.

I haven't, I don't know how to remove the sim.

:/

----------

To be clear, it works, sometimes. I'll see LTE, and then a few minutes later 3G, but for a majority of the time, nada. Right now it is LTE.

8. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

I had it, powered my phone off and back on and it worked fine after that.

9. darster Suspended

You can also try resetting network setting on the iphone.

----------

Then you may be on the the edge of the 3G/4G tower. Try going to another part of town. See how it works. If it works, then either you are too far away from the tower, or the tower itself is having issues.

10. BuckDot macrumors member

I'd think that the SIM would have no effect on 3G since that is still CDMA...

Maybe I'm wrong?

11. zachnelson thread starter macrumors 6502a

I understand being on the edge of the 4G tower, that makes sense because I live in a sketchy middle of nowhere area. However it's altogether dropping data... should run 3G fine :(

12. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

13. darster Suspended

Not necessarily. 3G/4G strength is usually the same as they are on the same tower most of the time. Also it depends on how much bandwidth is allocated for that tower. If that tower is overloaded, it will drop you. Has your 3G service with Verizon always worked at home?

----------

Never had problems with Verizon. Much better than AT&T.

14. zachnelson thread starter macrumors 6502a

As stated previously, yes. My 4S is right next to me just fine.

I think the issue is switch over from LTE to 3G, it like, freaks out. I moved upstairs and am having no issues with LTE now.

15. GuitarDTO macrumors 6502a

For those of you who do have LTE, do you notice any delay in establishing a connection with it after you wake the phone from standby? I started a thread, but when I push home, slide to unlock, open safari, and type a website in....the phone will take almost 15 seconds to establish the network connection before it finally zips open the website. Same thing if I use SIRI from standby, or any app that uses data. Once the connection is established, things fly and work instantly until I put the phone to sleep again. When I switch to LTE disabled/3G, this problem goes away. My verizon store said all of their display phones act the exact same way, and none of their other 4G phones do....so it has to be something related to the iPhone

16. darster Suspended

That's your problem. LTE uses a different spectrum than 3G. It does not penetrate buildings as well as 3G. And in your other thread on the same issue, you are in your basement. That is your other issue.

17. zachnelson thread starter macrumors 6502a

Source?

http://www.theverge.com/2011/11/23/2578711/verizon-lte-explained

The Verge states otherwise.

18. darster Suspended

4G does not penetrate buildings as well as 3G. I can easily maintain 3G in my basement. Rarely can hold a 4G signal. Also, Verizon uses less power on 4G, and currently allocates less bandwidth on 4G, since most phones are still 3G.

19. zachnelson thread starter macrumors 6502a

Once again, source?