Verizon to double data amounts for 4G Phones...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fins831, Nov 7, 2011.

1. fins831 macrumors 6502a

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19736_...unts-for-4g-smartphones/?tag=TOCmoreStories.0

Basically, whatever your data is, you will get double, 2gb to 4, 5gb to 10, with 4G phones....however, has anyone with an iPhone tried going in and getting their data plan doubled because once you have it locked in, its locked in...and thats a good promotion for those without unlimited data

I'd say its worth a shot if you don't have unlimited with verizon and are planning on using LTE in the future...just letting you all know this is out there, probably a holiday promotion/Razr promotion, but if I was on verizon i'd go in and see if I can get a nice agent who can add it to my account.

2. DesertSilver macrumors 6502

Considering that your linked article states this doesn't start until tomorrow, you're a bit premature in asking if anyone with an iPhone has been able to get this promo.

Looking at other articles I found about this, doesn't look like iPhones will be valid, since I keep reading it's a promo for 4G phones. We'll find out tomorrow; crossing my fingers.

3. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Your move att...

4. Jmclark macrumors regular

Please include the iPhone... Mine's shipping on 11/11 so that would be pretty nice.

5. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I think AT&T will move on this however they will somehow introduce a new price bracket as well just like they did with messaging.

6. fins831 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I am hoping ATT counters this with some sort of holiday promotion, especially since I plan on buying an iPad 2 with their 3g service, itd be nice to get a extra data since I have unlimited on my iPhone...

However, this is good for competition, especially around the holidays, and yes I know it doesn't go live til the end of the week, but it doesn't mean verizon customer service won't/can't discuss openly about iPhone eligibility...

7. xdbuix macrumors 6502

Engadget is saying all 3G phones excluded unfornately :(

8. fins831 thread starter macrumors 6502a

thats a great way to alienate half of your users...why do I get the feeling that they will bend on this if/when ATT has its rival promotion, or there is an outcry of people complaining.

9. bad03xtreme macrumors 6502a

bad03xtreme

I am trying to decide to get a 4G phone to get double the data or an iPhone. I was planning on the 2gb plan w/ an iPhone 4s but 4gb for the same price seems like a pretty good deal. Thoughts? :confused: