Verizon trade in program even if I get it at Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pittguy578, Oct 7, 2014.

1. pittguy578 macrumors member

Just wondering if I could do that. Verizon stores in Pittsburgh are sold out. Apple stores have some in some in stock. Don't think it would really matter myself since I will be renewing my contract regardless and phone will be shipped to same third party vendor

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

What are you asking?

You can trade in your Verizon phone for an iPhone 6 at Verizon. You can also trade in your Verizon phone for ~$180 at an Apple store. Also, Walmart currently has a promotion to give up to $200 for trade-ins and their iPhones are only $179. However, at each store you must turn in your old device at that store.

Does this somehow answer your question?

3. BeK macrumors regular

BeK

I was told by a employee at s Verizon corporate store that it doesn't matter if you purchase it at a Apple Store since you NEED Verizon for service anyhow. I received my 128GB iPhone 6 Plus from Apple.com last Friday and Verizon tells me that I can come on down to the store and trade in my 4S for $200 store credit.

4. Nuc macrumors 6502a

Nuc

Would the trade-in also work if I bought an iPhone 6 at Best Buy and then traded it in at Verizon?

5. BeK macrumors regular

BeK

Doesn't matter if you buy it from Best Buy or not.

6. fjd726 macrumors regular

All the chat sessions I've had with Verizon told me you have to buy direct from Verizon.

7. bluerazr macrumors newbie

I bought my 6+ at the Apple Store on launch day and today just swung by the Verizon store to trade in an att 4 I found on Craigslist for $30. Got $200 bucks credited to my account immediately.

8. Timjtitus macrumors member

Bought my 6 plus at Apple. Traded in my old iPhone to Verizon with no problem