Verizon trade in program even if I get it at Apple Store?

pittguy578

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 20, 2011
Just wondering if I could do that. Verizon stores in Pittsburgh are sold out. Apple stores have some in some in stock. Don't think it would really matter myself since I will be renewing my contract regardless and phone will be shipped to same third party vendor

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Just wondering if I could do that. Verizon stores in Pittsburgh are sold out. Apple stores have some in some in stock. Don't think it would really matter myself since I will be renewing my contract regardless and phone will be shipped to same third party vendor
What are you asking?

You can trade in your Verizon phone for an iPhone 6 at Verizon. You can also trade in your Verizon phone for ~$180 at an Apple store. Also, Walmart currently has a promotion to give up to $200 for trade-ins and their iPhones are only $179. However, at each store you must turn in your old device at that store.

Does this somehow answer your question?

BeK

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2012

I was told by a employee at s Verizon corporate store that it doesn't matter if you purchase it at a Apple Store since you NEED Verizon for service anyhow. I received my 128GB iPhone 6 Plus from Apple.com last Friday and Verizon tells me that I can come on down to the store and trade in my 4S for $200 store credit.

Nuc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2003
TN
I was told by a employee at s Verizon corporate store that it doesn't matter if you purchase it at a Apple Store since you NEED Verizon for service anyhow. I received my 128GB iPhone 6 Plus from Apple.com last Friday and Verizon tells me that I can come on down to the store and trade in my 4S for $200 store credit.
Would the trade-in also work if I bought an iPhone 6 at Best Buy and then traded it in at Verizon?

fjd726

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2011
All the chat sessions I've had with Verizon told me you have to buy direct from Verizon.

bluerazr

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2006
I bought my 6+ at the Apple Store on launch day and today just swung by the Verizon store to trade in an att 4 I found on Craigslist for $30. Got $200 bucks credited to my account immediately.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.