Verizon / Unlimited Data and 4G LTE

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jsf721, Sep 5, 2012.

1. jsf721 macrumors 6502

I have 3 unlimited data iphone 4S and 1 2GB iphone 4S. My data usage for all phones is about 6GB per month (these are all verizon phones). I also have an ATT ipad 3 that costs me 30.00/month for 2GB and unless I am traveling i never go over.

If I went to the share plan, I would not get killed but i fear that the 4G/LTE phone will be faster and allow for much more data usage overall.

If i purchased a new iphone from Craigslist would I be albe to keep my old unimited plan?

2. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Are you concerned that a faster speed will enable you to want to use more data, or do you think your usage will remain the same? If it remains the same you have nothing to worry about, you'd still be consuming the same day, albeit faster.

If you buy the phone at full price (or from Craigslist) I imagine you'll be able to maintain your unlimited data.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Verizon will make you give up your unlimited plan if you move to an LTE device if you don't pay full price for the phone itself.

4. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

What do you pay now, a 10GB shared plan on verizon with all 5 devices would be about $270 a month plus taxes.